Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Biggest Loser, Baker Style


Mike and I both need to drop some weight. Which is usually the case when you enjoy cooking and eating like we do. Sunday is the day we plan our meals for the week, and if it is fall or winter, the entire Sunday is spent making soups, chili's, or roasts. There is a rotation of seasonal favorites, but we're always throwing something new into the mix. The grill is used year round, Mike just shovels a path in the snow to get to it! We got out of the cooking habit while living in NY, our kitchen was just gross, and there were too many great restaurants to eat at or get takeout from. We ate late in the day back then, and still do. Once the kids are in bed, I pour some wine, Mike has some beer, and its our cooking/talking time. We get ideas from the Food Network, I really enjoy the cooking style of Nigella Lawson and Ina Garten. I once made Ina's brownie recipe, the ingredients cost $40! It made an enormous pan, but I was pregnant at the time, so there was no waste : ) We make our own blini's to have with caviar and creme fraiche every Valentines Day, which are pictured above. These looked exactly like little pears which I thought was kinda funny.
So last night we formulated a plan to get more "beach body ready" by the 4th of July. We're going to weigh in on Tuesday morning, at the end of this current holiday weekend. Final weigh in will be July 2, at the start of the next holiday weekend. My goal is 7 pounds, Mike's is 10. I think it's doable. Now all I need is Jillian from BL to scream at me while I work out.

No comments: