Friday, May 29, 2009

grrrrrrrrrrrr......


This is what I have been waking up to these last few mornings. I roll over, open my eyes, and there it is. The Scale. Mike moved it from under the bed (where I liked it) and next to the bathroom door. You can see I got my camera back (very quickly I might add, thanks Olympus). I like this shot because it's blurry, it's really how I see it since I wear glasses. But I digress.


Watching your weight, or dieting, whatever you want to call it, is not fun. Mike already broke the rules. After dinner last night he had a slice of peanut butter ice cream pie (yes, I had two tiiiiny bites), ate at a fast food chain for lunch, and after weighing himself, had lost FOUR pounds. He weighed himself before he was supposed to, so I don't think it counts. I think the last time I lost weight like that was either when I was breastfeeding, or living on slimfast and grapefruit as a cheerleader in high school. I am so bored with this already. I've done the Cabbage Soup diet, hotdog and vanilla ice cream diet (supposedly for heart patients), the Oprah Diet, the 90/10 diet, Atkins, the Special K Cereal diet, and Food Combining. The only thing that has worked is eating right and exercising. How boring.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to heading to Beaver Lake for a trail run, haven't been there since cross country skiing this past January. Hopefully it will be nice enough to bring my camera, I didn't realize how much I used it until I broke it! If that's not diet motivation (see Carpenter's Brook Post) I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Diets suck!! I say put the scale away, and not even think about it until July 4!! (I'm putting mine away for the month of June...the scale and I have some major issues!)