Friday, May 8, 2009

I now have a five year old.

Yesterday was L's fifth birthday. We celebrated by taking our first trip to Chuckie Cheese, it was a surprise, and it was a hit. It was a perfect day to go, midweek, during the school year. I can't imagine how nutty that place must get on weekends and holidays. I like how we're saving outings like that as a special occaision. I think kids appreciate things more when it's a treat, and not the norm. It's similar to my Mommy and Me group, after awhile, the activites feel like the same old thing. We almost had a birthday party for L and his friends, but I wanted to see if we can get away with not having one for one more year. He was invited to four parties this month, some at the same venues, so I feel like it's all going to blend together. But I do have his party spot picked out for next year, Pet Smart!

Today I went to L's school for a Mother's Day Tea. It was nice to be just the two of us, the class recited a poem and sang a few songs. They gifted us with a fake flower in a pot, with his school picture in the center of the flower. My sister in law warned me that I was going to cry, and I almost did. L is obsessed with a character "Dr. Cockroach" from the movie Monsters vs. Aliens, and he hasn't even seen it yet. L gave me the card he made and I was all set to cry, until I looked at the signature and read that it was from him....and Dr. Cockroach.

No comments: