Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interview, round two

I had my phone interview last week with the Marketing company I sent my resume to. The HR woman is based in Michigan, and it went well. I definitely got nervous, and had a bit of cotton mouth, but I was happy. Got a call from the Regional Sales Manager yesterday, and tomorrow I have an interview with him in Rochester. hmmmmmm.

Part of me is wondering why I'm even bothing with this. The money is exactly half of what I made in NY (if I make all the bonuses), which is understandable, it's a different part of the country, and I have been out of the workforce for 4 years.

I think I'm doing this for the practice, and to be fully informed about what the day to day position would be. I'm looking forward to talking about what I used to do (stroke the old work ego that is no longer stroked), the Manager said HR highly recommended me, and he was very impressed with my resume. Ultimately, if I make it to the next round, it's going to come down to money: salary minus taxes minus childcare equals am I going back to work?

One caveat, I don't fit into any of my work suits. I am going to stuff myself into the most forgiving one, and just have to feel matronly for a couple of hours. If that doesn't give motivation to get back in shape, I don't know what will. Oh yes I do, I have to wear a bathing suit to swim lessons that start in July. fun fun.

No comments: