Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Afternoon

For my first Mother's Day as a Mom, I came home from the hospital with 3 day old Luke. It was the first Mother's Day I forgot to give my mother a card or gift, ooops. I guess I had a good excuse, after going through 31 1/2 hours of labor.

Today has been mellow, which is how I like it. Luke woke me up at seven, and I got my first gift, Mike brought him downstairs and I slept until 10! Came down to Luke sitting on the naughty step, and Eliza wearing a princess crown, face full of chocolate, with Mike trying to change her diaper. I had my Starbucks and Sunday NY Post, along with bacon and cheese on a roll, an homage to my favorite Long Island deli breakfast. Opened my cards and a gift card for a mani/pedi, which I will use during Memorial Day weekend to kick off summer.

It's a bit cool today, but I'm sitting in the sun on my deck as I type. Thought about going for a run, but today is all about being lazy. Actually looking forward to an afternoon glass of wine. I'll get back on track tomorrow, that's what Monday is for.

No comments: