Thursday, September 3, 2009

Get Active Starts Tomorrow


Friday is the start of my "Get Active" challenge. If you want to join me, you need to commit to doing some type of physical activity, at least once a week, for the next 8 weeks. I myself am committing to doing one day a week of strength exercises. I'm doing well with cardio and stretching, but I need to tone up. I don't go to the gym, so I'll be doing these from the comfort of my family room floor. So let me know if you're in!


The Smoothie Challenge is still going strong. I drank mine outside this morning, I'm savoring these beautiful days while we still have them. I had my Amazing Grass blended with a fresh nectarine, banana, frozen watermelon, and skim milk. I love getting so many servings of fruits and veggies in one shot, I feel like I'm ahead of the game before the day even starts!

9 comments:

tanya said...

Good luck with the challenge and that shake looks very good. I may have to try it myself. That is a great way to get all your servings in. Love it.

Jennifer said...

It's so true, the ahead of the game thing. It really starts the day off well and helps me keep momentum! What I need to find out is this: Does the scoop of powder actually provide a quantifiable serving of fruit or veggies? I keep reading the site and try to find a straight answer, but it is kinda vague. I think I am doing boot camp. Which is twice a week for three weeks. So does that count as six weeks??!!

HautePinkCloset said...

This is just what I needed! Count me in on the challenge. I must get rid of these pregnancy pounds that appear to be far to comfortable sticking to my bones.

Xenia said...

Sure.

I'll get right on that.

As soon as I'm done sitting here on the couch with my chocolate.

Ronnie said...

I'm game...the elliptical in my room is holding clothes right now...I should use it! Or bettr yet, I too should take advantage of this beautiful weather and walk!

Tara said...

I am, of course, in!!! I do have one rest day on my schedule every week though; gotta make time for recovery. I am also doing another challenge, I am trying to eat less meat, basically become a vegetarian for personal and health reasons. I may need lots of support for this!

Janie B said...

I'm in!!! I've already lost 8 lbs. over the past month after finding out I have Type II Diabetes. Suddenly no choice...have to do it. Great idea to share the pain...uh, I mean joy. lol!

alpinekleins said...

Both of these challenges sound just like something I could use. Who can't use a little more fitness and all those smoothie antioxidants? ;) It always goes back to the same thing – taking a few more minutes for self! But I am going to do it! I'm good at the cardio, hiking 4-6 days a week, but I really lack the flexability aspect. So that's the goal:)

Kristin

Angela said...

Good luck. I'm with you on getting more active, but I usually get crazy and get too active. :)

http://thesuburbanjungle.blogspot.com