Friday, September 11, 2009

Get Active, Week One, Complete!


I wanted to say thank you for all of the thoughtful comments on my post about 9/11. We're all connected as a result of today's anniversary. I'm going to avoid the television, and appreciate the day I have with my kids, and Mike.

So how did the first week go for all you Active Bloggers?!? I have my half marathon coming up on Sunday, so I had to take it easy this week. Sunday I did a five mile run. I don't know if it was because I had a good night sleep, or it was a holiday weekend, but I tore out of the house like a kid at school dismissal. Such a happy run, I felt like I couldn't keep up with my feet! The rest of the week I focused on long stretching sessions, along with a day of strength training. I got out my folder of magazine articles on exercising, and used the hand weights. I worked up a sweat so that was good!

We have one more participant, Mama Such at Raising My Four Sons. She's pretty active running after her four boys, but her goals are to take more walks, and use her Wii Fit.

And I must say thanks to Mama Such for giving me the Friend Award, which is given to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends, they're not interested in self-aggrandizement. When the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to other bloggers who must choose others to pass it on to and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award. I pass this along to:

One Chic Mommy at The Balancing Act of One Chic Mommy

So let's hear how you did!

9 comments:

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

I too, will never forget. It is always good to have reminders though. I started a post but I just cry so I am not sure I will finish it.

I am still so proud of you! Good luck with the marathon!

I am not running or anything but I am building a giant castle for my daughter's birthday and all of my muscles are screaming in pain so please can I count that? I have no time until after the party for exercise of the standard sort. But I am sweating while I do this....

Ronnie said...

Wow! I read the title of this post and thought...week one is over? So, not much exercising was done but I thought about it. Next week I start my PT schedule and hopefully, we'll see the ellyptical get some use.

HautePinkCloset said...

Thank you so much for the award, I am really touched by the gesture! I write my blog as a therapeutic outlet for myself and in hopes of possibly meeting others, with similar and sometimes not so similar experiences, on my blogging journey. It is nice to know that people really do read my thoughts and find them interesting as well.

HautePinkCloset said...

Now on to my first week of my new routine. I think I may have set my goals a little to high for my first week, I tried to do what I use to without factoring in that my body, and household, have to adjust.
I was only able to get 2 days of cardio in this week, which was only for 30min each time. I did not get the third day or to do resistance training which I will aim to do this weekend. I haven't started counting my calories yet but I have cut eating quite a few things this week.
So all in all I'm on my way, slowly but surely. Doing nothing is no longer an option for me.

Good luck on the half marathon this Sunday! I look forward to reading about the experience.

Tara said...

Good luck on your half this weekend! Can't wait to hear the race report! :)

Unknown said...

I wasn't sure when the week was officially ending, so I didn't meet my goal of 1 yoga class. My plan is to go tomorrow if I can...:) I did get in three great swims though, and a very long bike ride with the boys (we hit all 5 ponds/lakes in Radisson!)

Unknown said...

I forgot to say good luck on Sunday!! It should be a great day for a race..not too hot like it was last year!! Have fun!

Susan Fobes said...

I can remember the day like it was yesterday, and it's something I wish I would forget...

Good luck with your run! You will do great.

Unknown said...

You go girls! I wish I was this motivated. This is Tee following you from the MBC 100!