Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nature outside my door



I'm starting to feel a bit like Doctor Doolittle, with all the wildlife that keeps showing up around my house. Aside from the raccoon and owl that live out back, we had a bird stuck in the garage overnight, and a chipmunk has taken up residence under our front bushes. The thing is not scared of us at all, when we're outside playing with the kids, it weaves back and forth, in and out of the garage. He's quite obnoxious. Now I'm seeing animals while I'm on the treadmill. On my last run, I felt like someone was staring at me, so I looked up at the sliding glass door, and there was a big ass deer just standing there staring at me. He didn't move for fifteen minutes, until I was done running. This morning I was on the treadmill again, and saw a huge cat waltzing by the door, he was kind of creepy looking, but way too fat to be a stray. What the heck is going to show up next??


I'm going away again this weekend, down to Westchester for my cousin's bridal shower. I'm going solo, and I'm excited because I get to see my sister's new house, and my nieces who are 11 months and two. But going away meant figuring out how to get my long run in, which I was lucky enough to do today. Mike took the day off so we could go to Luke's spring concert at school, and he said he would watch the kids this morning so I could run. I wanted to go outside, but the weather was iffy, so I treadmilled it. I ran 12 miles, in what I think was a little over two hours. At some point the time clock on the treadmill reached its max and turned over, and I'm not sure when that happened exactly. It was a good run though, made easier by a Real Housewives of NYC marathon (can't WAIT for the reunion special tonight).


I forgot to put a link to Amazing Grass in my energy bar post. For those of you who asked, it's powdered wheat grass, with all sorts of good stuff added, which helps you get your daily quota of veggies. I've been using it for a year now, and put it in my smoothies, I really think it gives my immune system a boost. Today I was psyched to receive a jar of their new High Energy Drink powder, which has Matcha and Yerba Mate in it, so I'll do a review of that soon.


In the meantime, don't forget the Drymax socks giveaway.....you can enter here.

16 comments:

misszippy said...

You are amazing to run 12 miles on the treadmill! Sounds like a great weekend ahead of you--enjoy it.

Oh, and I'm so watching tonight!

justme said...

ok, so my hubby has recently gotten into the amazing grass stuff - think i could add it to muffin mix and it would be ok ???

ajh said...

12 miles on the treadmill is unbelievable. I don't think I could do it! Have fun at your sisters.

Liz Mays said...

That first paragraph about all the animals about killed me with laughter!!!!

Carly said...

Honestly, I can't stand all the creatures around here either. We have a bunch of birds around here that start making a TON of noise as soon as the sun comes up and it really pisses me off. Someday, when I'm old and cranky I'll get a bb gun.

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Funny about all of your little critter friends:) They know that you are a nice family and want to join you!

Hearing about your racoon makes me think of my run last night. I went for a run on one of the trails that go through some wooded areas and back up to a preserve. I was running on the trail and heard a strange noise...I looked down and noticed a baby racoon all by itself. So sad I did not know what to do. It was shaking and looked like it had been by itself for some time. I ran back home and called the city asking them what we could do. They basically said it is nature...there is nothing we can do:(

Holy crap...12 miles on the mill!! Go you!

Unknown said...

We had a nest of birds in our garage. They drove us crazy for one night and, then, the noise disappeared. A week later, we discovered a few dead birdies on our driveway. Poor things!

12 miles on a treadmill in 2 hours! That's awesome.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that you ran 12 miles on a treadmill. BLAH! Good for you though! Have a good time this weekend!

Steel Springs said...

Way to go on the treadmill twelve-miler! That's impressive. I can't believe a deer was staring at you the other day.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

12 miles on a dreadmill!?!?!?!?! good grief, I am impressed

Do they talk to you like in Dr dolittle?

Unknown said...

we have a woodchuck that lives in the back yard. We should name him.... :)
Nice job on the dreadmill run!!

Paige (The Last Doughnut) said...

Molly, I received the Bondi Bands in the mail the other day. I have already run in all three of them, and I really love them! They are great for morning runs when it is hot & humid, and my hair is all over the place! Thanks again!!!!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Nature isn't all that its cracked up to be, sometimes! That said, I love seeing all the chipmunks, bunnies, and assorted wild life when I visit my parent's house. The only wildlife we have here in NYC are the rats and pigeons ... as you well know! LOL

We're going out of town for the weekend too, to my husband's high school reunion. Hopefully, it will be fun.

Have a great weekend, Molly!!

Tara said...

Hey girl! How are you? I'm so behind on blogging; it's really pathetic. I'm going to do my best to catch up this week!

I can't believe that you did 12 miles on the mill; you are a stud. I would have fallen off the treadmill if I had turned around and a dear was staring at me! OMG. :)

Are you on FB? Search for Tara McLain if you are! Talk at ya later chica!

Amo said...

I love that a deer was just standing there staring at you. It would make running very entertaining! Deer are so beautiful!

mudmama said...

Amazing Grass sounds ... amazing!

Soo funny about your wildlife sightings. Like Snow White! :)