Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mid Point

I  have a new favorite running song.  Neutron Star Collision by Muse, it's from the Eclipse Soundtrack.  Yes, I've read all of the Twilight books. Yes I've seen the movies.  And Yes, I am Team Edward.

It's midway through the year, six months until Christmas!  I finally broke 100 miles in June, 102 to be exact, with 612.8 to go towards my 1,000 mile goal.  I just have to keep it up, for the rest of the year, which I think it completely doable.  I've been doing yoga for cross training, but I think I'm going to throw some Jillian Michaels into the mix, her workouts are on our Exercise on Demand channel.  One of my BFF's, Jenni, has been doing the Jillian workouts three times a week for the past few months, when I saw her last month, she looked amazing.  Well, she always looks amazing, but she's in the best shape of her life.  She's got three kids (one set of twins) so she's my newest inspiration.

Mike finally got his Father's Day gift up and running this weekend, a rotisserie for this grill.  The weather on Sunday was supposed to be nice, so he prepped a chicken to roast, along with some Pecan Grilling Smoke that I got from Brad.  Five minutes after he got it going, dark clouds rolled in and it started to rain, so we dragged the umbrella from the patio set over to cover the grill, and we were all set.  Not to sound all Frank Perdue, but it was the juiciest chicken I've ever had.

I do not have a green thumb, but I'm proud of this little pot of wheat grass that I planted with Luke as part of one of his craft projects.  It's just enough for a shot of wheat grass juice, if I had a juicer around. 

Found Muse on YouTube.....Happy Fourth! 

26 comments:

abbi said...

congrats on breaking 100 miles. I'm a fan of the Jillian Michaels workouts as well. They're the one exercise video that actually seems hard and worth it.

NY Wolve said...

That is an awesome grill. In my blogging hiatus, I made the big switch from charcoal to gas -- after fifteen years on coals, I have switched to a tank. I did a fair amount of research and eventually bought a Weber, but not as fancy as that one. Of course, my first dinner party I ran out of gas. (I think I had forgotten to shut the valve from the time before.) Thankfully, I still had the charcoal kettle handy, and it didn't harbor ill will after being left for its shiny new cousin, Mr. Propane.
And it was my Father's Day present, too.

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Molly, I love Muse. They are fantastic and great to work out too!

I just bought a pre-grown small pot of Wheat Grass this week. Now the question is, how to do I turn it into wheat grass powder? LOL

The Diva on a Diet said...

Congrats on the 102 miles, Molly, you are such an inspiration!

Wow, that grill looks amazing! Here's hoping for some good weather this weekend so you can grill without the storms and umbrella! Happy 4th to you and yours!

ajh said...

I have a friend I have been to some concerts with but I passed on the Muse concert. She loved it!

Emz said...

way to go on the miles!!

And thanks for the song! Love it!

misszippy said...

The rotisserie sounds yummy! The wheat grass is pretty, even if you don't get to use it!

Johann said...

Great Father's day gift! Yeah for the miles! I'm also on track to still make my goal for the year. Keep it going!

Unknown said...

Awesome Father's Day gift! And look at you growing Wheat Grass... looks great!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the music rec! Great job on the miles!!

Erin Conley said...

Congrats on the mileage! I wish I had the patience/aptitude/common sense to keep track of all my miles throughout the course of the year...

Unfortunately, wheat grass never lasts long enough in my house for me to use any of it. My two cats are superior "mowers", and they usually eat it all immediately!

Enjoy your holiday!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

OMG He must be in heaven, I have a rotisserie and LOVE it.

yonca said...

Awesome Father's Day gift! Have a wonderful,sunny and funfull holiday weekend:)
Congrats on breaking 100 miles.

Unknown said...

Way to go on the milage!! That is AWESOME!! I'm going to download the music for a change in my run. Can't wait. I love new music. The wheat grass is beautiful. I would love to grow something but I am happy to keep my two kids, dog and bearded dragon fed and growing. Someday, I'd love to have a garden. That's definately a "Someday" though.

Teamarcia said...

Nice mileage! Mike's gotta be in heaven with that bad boy. It's the Caveman's birthday Saturday and I've still got nada. EEK!

Darlene said...

Congrats on your miles! I'm on team Edward, as well.

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Holy miles!! Nice work on busting out the high miles this past month!

I love it, boy and their toys:) My hubby would be so jealous!

Nicki said...

Have a great Fourth, Molly! Nice job on the miles!! I had a personal high in June, too.

J said...

Awesome job on the 100+ miles this past month! That is great! Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

AM! said...

love the bbq pic;-)

and I think i gotta get on board the twilight series bandwagon. I think it'd be a perfect summer read eh? I need a lil' push in the romance dept!

Lisa said...

love this post - so much going on! I have to try out some of Gillians work outs. Which does your friend do? I am also determined to start up with yoga again next week!!

Hope you get to use the rotisserie this weekend! Have a great holiday!

Unknown said...

I love the wheat grass. I may have to do that as a project with my guys this summer.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

We are going to see the movie tomorrow, TEam Edward for sure! the wheat grass is cool. you WILL make your goal for sure.


Hugs!

alpinekleins said...

You are an inspiration - congrats on the mileage and the thriving wheat grass. We're been muse fans around our home also. Love that they are included in the Twilight movies. My favorite scenes!

Kristin

Black Knight said...

Congrats on breaking the 100 miles and now go towards new goals! I like the Muse but my favourite music is the gothic rock. Anyway on 13rd I will be at the Mark Knopfler's concert in Rome.

Pining for Pinterest said...

You got me thinking that I really need to get a new BBQ!! That rotisserie looks awesome :)