1. I hosted Thanksgiving this year, my second time tackling the feast. My family invaded Wednesday night, my Dad brought Chesapeake Oysters straight from Maryland, that were such a treat. I had my cooking schedule all planned out, our oven is the size of a shoe box (makes me think of the Brady Bunch kitchen), so we cooked the 28 pound turkey in a roasting pan on the grill. It came out a bit dry, but no one came down with Sally the Menella, so it was all good.
2. I ran three days in a row this week, I had to miss the Turkey Trot 10k yesterday due to our food prep, but that's okay. I revised my miles goal for the year, it was originally 1,000 miles, but now I'm shooting for 900. I missed a total of 5 weeks this fall because of my hamstring, so I feel okay revising it.
3. The other day while walking Frank, Eliza looked at me and asked me if she could run a marathon with me some day. On another walk, Luke said, "sure is good weather for a run, huh Mom?" Love it.
4. Frank has come out of his shell and is settling in with us, treating the kids' baskets of toys as a sort of chewing buffet. He's a good dog, but has been a bit wimpy about the cold, which makes sense, since he came from Georgia!
5. still a few days left to enter my Amazing Grass Giveaway.......here!