Monday, November 22, 2010
Amazing Grass Challenge Complete....for this giveaway, 5 winners!
I officially completed the Amazing Grass The Two Week Challenge to "redefine my health"!
If you aren't familiar, this is the lowdown on Amazing Meal: it's an organic, raw, vegan, soy/gluten/dairy free powder, made from greens like wheat grass, fruits like acai, with 10 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. Use it to feel good, and reach your daily quota of fruits and veggies.
So how did I do staying away from caffeine, sugar (including chocolate), wine, eating right and having an Amazing Meal Smoothie once each day?
1. I did not have any sugar. Zero. That must be a record for me, so now I'm going to see how long I can keep it up, which may prove difficult when I start baking Christmas Cookies.
2. I did have wine. I had it on the weekends, and the night we got Frank. I also had beer after getting my tattoo, but I think that was kind of required.
3. I had two cups of coffee, one cup on a Saturday morning when I was up with the birds and had a crappy night's sleep. One other morning during the week, for pretty much the same reason. The first two days of no caffeine, I had a slight headache, but nothing terrible.
4. I loved my morning smoothie. I used the Chocolate Amazing Meal, blended it with almond milk, and handful of frozen blueberries, and a frozen banana. My trick with the banana is to peel them, break them into segments, and freeze them. I take some pieces out and let them sit for a couple of minutes, then chop them a bit, then throw them in the blender. It makes the smoothie super thick, and I eat it with a spoon. That might be why I was able to stay away from chocolate, I was kind of getting my fix that way.
5. The daily emails from Amazing Grass were interesting, they covered topics like acidity in foods, and how they affect your diet, and how we need good, raw fats (pass me an avocado would ya?)
6. I didn't follow the menu suggestions to a T, but I got some ideas from it. They suggested 6 meals a day, so I certainly didn't starve! One night I made shrimp stir fry with brown rice, another night it was baked chicken and sweet potatoes. I ate my normal lunches, like black bean burgers with salsa on a roll, or a turkey or tuna sandwich on Ezekiel bread. I made scrambled egg whites with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onion and goat cheese, that was really tasty.
I love doing challenges like this, to get back on track diet wise, especially going into the holiday season. I'm going to continue to use the Amazing Grass (been using it for over a year), I do think it gives my immune system a boost. I did get a flu shot, but with Luke and Eliza coming home from school covered in germs, I need all the help I can get!
Sooooooo, do you want to give The Two Week Challenge a whirl? Thanks to the lovely folks at Amazing Grass, there will be FIVE winners for this giveaway, which is a bottle of Amazing Meal (a $48 value) in your choice of flavor, (Original, Chocolate, Pomegranate Mango or Vanilla Chai) to use while doing the challenge. Then when it's complete, if you want to, share your thoughts on your blog. If you are interested, you can check it out here.
To enter, you do need to be a Friend of my blog, just leave a comment letting me know you are, and you're entered!
For additional entries (please leave a comment for each) you may:
1. Follow Amazing Grass on twitter here.
2. Be a fan of Amazing Grass on facebook here.
3. Share the giveaway info in the usual ways.
Giveaway ends at Midnight EST on Monday, November 29.
Note: I was provided with a bottle of Amazing Meal for the purpose of this review, the opinions are my own.
Posted by Molly at 8:15 AM