Monday, February 28, 2011

In like a lion. It better go out like a lamb.

Today when we were walking to the Jeep after E's dance class, Luke and I officially declared it, we're done with winter.  So I can't tell you how happy I am that March is upon us.

Great things about March:

1. St. Patty's Day.
2. Thaw.
3. Tipp Hill Shamrock Run.
4. Irish Soda Bread.
5. Daylight Savings starts Sunday March 13.
6. First Day of Spring is Sunday March 20.
7. Almost Easter, which makes me think of flowers, which makes me think of re-birth, which makes me think of Spring.

I'm not even going to tell you my mileage this month.  Let's just say it was lousy.  But the great thing about the first day of a new month, is that you can fill it with miles. 



I'm going to channel my inner EMZ and get to it.

Happy March!

27 comments:

misszippy said...

I'm with you 100 percent--and so is EMZ, I'm guessing! You look great.

Caratunk Girl said...

I am with you for sure. LOVE the shirt.

Penny said...

I'm loving March already. YAHOO TO MARCH.

Lisa said...

2 thumbs up for March - BRING.IT.ON!!!!!!! Hasta La Vista, February!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Two thumbs up for #s 1 and 5!

ajh said...

Love the post title. I am so there!

Unknown said...

That daylight savings time cannot get her soon enough!

Frank seems to like your shirt too!!

Liz Mays said...

I know you're gonna run in March! The weather is much friendlier that way!

Jill said...

Here's to March!! I bet you'll have better mileage than me!! :)

Susan Fobes said...

You forgot one-McDondald's Shamrock Shakes. Yumm... (I love your list Molly-it's giving me hope too!)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Im so ready for spring weather! :)

Amber said...

You go get that March!

Suzy said...

Hey there! You forgot my birthday on your list of great March things! hee hee. A shamrock run sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Carly said...

I'm also hoping that March has some good things in store!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.

Unknown said...

Love it! March will be a great month!

KovasP said...

You've freaking got this.

Christi said...

I love Spring and can't wait for it to get here!

A Prelude To... said...

Spring flowers! I'm SO ready!!!

Mark said...

I think everyone is just DONE with this winter. You've got the right idea...we'll all just will it away!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

HA!!! Your just done with winter!!! I been over it for a long, LONG, LONGGGGGG time

Johann said...

Oh yes, our summer is on its way out. My morning runs are getting cooler and darker by the day. I'll have to get an EMZ shirt to wear here in SA for sure.

Runners Fuel said...

I can't wait for March, either!

Lucas R. Tucker said...

YAY SPRING!!!! I also love having more sun in the afternoon, I used to plan my work schedule around it.

Heather said...

I am glad it's March too!! I want to see some flowers! Happy March to you too.

Unknown said...

I'm with you... March has got to be better than February!

Katie said...

Very happy for March!!! That shirt looks great on you :D