Friday, February 11, 2011

this post is not random

This weekend, I am determined to put these on:




and go cross country skiing.  Every time I plan on going, something comes up.  There is a golf course by my house that has a trail, it hasn't snowed in a couple of days, and it's bitter cold, so the snow should be perfect.

I took it easy this week.  The last time I ran was Saturday with my running group, it was a great run of 5 miles on hills and in the cold, I kept it between a 9 - 9:30 pace.   On my way home I spotted a bakery that I hadn't noticed before, and I decided to run in and get Mike and the kids some donuts.  NEVER go into a warm bakery, that smells like fresh bread and cake, when you're starving after a run.  I walked in and could not concentrate at all, it was sensory overload.  I was good though, I only had one bite of Mike's cookie, but I waited and gave it to him first.

Then we took the kids out for lunch at a place we hadn't eaten before, we had a gift card to use that Mike bought on Groupon.  He is a Living Social/Groupon Junkie, it's seriously becoming an issue.  Anyway, I ordered a salad, no meat, and it tasted fine when I ate it.  But Saturday night I had MAJOR stomach issues, and I didn't start to feel better until it was time to watch the Superbowl.  No one else got sick so it must have been my lunch.  But everyone IS sick with this fever/cold/throat thing. Mike has it now and I'm reeeeally hoping that I don't catch it. 

My body was feeling tired this week, and I have this weird ache on the side of my knee, so I decided to cut back, take a couple of rest days, and only do my floor exercises.  Besides vacuuming and mopping the floors, I use these:




I need a new kettlebell, the 10 lb is too light.  My new favorite time to use them is while watching Kathie Lee and Hoda.......I know.  But somehow they grew on me and now they crack me up. 

Has anyone else noticed that February is a popular birthday month for bloggers?

I love Sprite.  I bought some to have in the house for when my father in law was visiting us, and I opened an ice cold can last night. I never drink it, but it called to me. It was delish. 

I'm excited for the new season of Survivor....although Russell and Rob both annoy me, so it will be interesting how it plays out.

in closing....

I might find out about Mystery Marathon around the 18th.  I just want to know already.

cross your fingers for me

: )

17 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

I didn't realize Survivor is starting again soon~ Is it next week???

kristen said...

SO OVER ROB AND RUSSEL! C'mon Survior, your better than that!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Isnt Robs 15 minutes have been up, like before it should have even started? What a d-bag

So running hungry is like swimming hungry, I went into a costco after a swim, BIG MISTAKE

J said...

Im hoping to get out and snowshoe tomorrow morning. At least its supposed to be warmer this weekend than it has been!

KovasP said...

Rob was a weak player last go-round, hope he is smarter this time.

Teamarcia said...

Really? Is the 18th the day of decision?? Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

misszippy said...

I'm going skiing this weekend (downhill) but plan to bring the xcountry skis as well for some of that. Enjoy your time out there!

Amanda@runninghood said...

What? Survivor is my favorite!! Has it already started? I hope I have not missed too much. Love love love my survivor nights. Rob gets to go at it again? What?
I've been cross country skiing once and I loved it.
Good for you for taking it easy...hope that pain goes away.

yonca said...

It's gonna be warmer this weekend and next week.Enjoy your time and feel better!

Lisa said...

Your post did, in fact, seem kind of random - contrary to the title :) Hope you don't get sick, hope everyone else gets feeling better. Have a great weekend!

Christina said...

I love checking out Groupon. Luckily I live far enough from the closest big city so I am not buying every single restaurant deal.

Love Sprite too. I like mine diet.

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

would love a kettlebell as well. Probably the 15lbs will do. just need to learn how to use it =) have a great weekend! =)

Unknown said...

Not random at all...

Terri said...

Haha - yeah, no randomness there at all. And I like Diet Coke - but I don't let myself drink it more than once or twice a month. :)

Erin Conley said...

I have always wanted to try cross-country skiing, as I've never had the nerve to try downhill (I have a hard enough time putting one foot in front of the other as it is). Tomorrow I am going to snowshoe for the first time, so I'm really looking forward to that! I hope that you and your family are all feeling better by now...

And isn't it nice when the 10lb weight suddenly becomes too light? Progress, progress...love it.

Black Knight said...

That is a fast pace and you made it on the hills!
I love Sprite too but I prefer Pepsi.... my weakness.
Have a good week.

Annie said...

This has been the worst year for people getting sick! Hope you guys are feeling better soon!