Thursday, May 5, 2011

3.5 Things for Thursday

Weigh in Wednesday is a day late...this week has been a bit nuttier than usual.  I broke the scale by accident, when I stepped on it to reach up to dust over the bathroom mirror, but only the plastic window covering the numbers cracked.  It's still telling the truth.  Which this week, was a gain of 2 pounds......but it's water weight, and even though I know it will be gone next week, it's still annoying. grrrrr. 

On the plus side, I'm still doing my strength work, as well as working out with Frank.  He's so strong he can pull me across the kitchen floor.




This particular weekend in May is always busy, and this year is no exception. Luke's birthday is Saturday, he's going to be seven, which is insane to me.  I've been looking at him and wondering where this tall kid came from.  




We're going to have some family over, then watch the Kentucky Derby.  I wished I liked mint juleps.  Or owned a crazy hat. Then there's our annual neighborhood garage sale, I'm hoping to unload a bunch of stuff, my closets and basement are about to explode they're so full.  The day after that is Mother's Day, which is extra special because when Luke was born, we brought him home from the hospital on our first Mother's Day together. 





I won't be able to see my Mom, but her card is in the mail, and I'll be calling her to chat.  This photo is from when I was a baby, I've posted it before, but it's my favorite.  Isn't she pretty?






I'm going to squeeze in a run today, it's finally gorgeous out, but since E is home today, it's going to have to be on the treadmill.  Speaking of running, I got my first DNF for Barefoot Neil's I Can't Afford The Actual Race Virtual Marathon.




I took a week off after I hurt my foot, it was the smart thing to do because it feels a million times better.  In a five day stretch, I ran six miles on Wednesday, three miles on Friday, and then 10 miles in my race Sunday. 

I didn't finish the full 26.2, but obviously, it was still fun : )

24 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

I was just thinking the same thing about my kids. Where did my "babies" go??

Your mom and dad look so awesome in that picture! Your mom's arm band - so chic!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am down 0.8

Happy Birthday Luke!!!!

Have a great weekend!!

KovasP said...

Love that most kids' photos include band-aids!

Caratunk Girl said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! AND Happy Mothers Day to you Molly!

LOVE that picture of Frank dragging you around. So funny

Laura said...

Smart to rest! So many people don't....
The pic of your parents is awesome!
Happy Bday to Luke..

The Green Girl said...

What a good looking family. Your son was handsome from the start.

And your mom is beautiful. Thanks for sharing - that picture of Frank dragging you rocks.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Frank is SO BIG now! Bella can pull me too. Harley has her by about 15 pounds, but she's WAY stronger than he is. When I play tug of war with her, she wins.

bobbi said...

She is very pretty (and you look JUST LIKE her!).

Happy birthday to Luke!

Lucas R. Tucker said...

" broke the scale by accident, when I stepped"

hahahahahahahahahahaha......that may not be the entire quote, but in my mind it is :)

kristen said...

You look just like her! Which is good because she is gorgeous!

J said...

Busy busy weekend! May is going to fly by I am sure! I can't believe you broke the scale! That sounds like something I would do too!

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Yea, your mom was super beautiful....just like you:)

Happy B-day to your little man!

Lisa said...

Love the smile on your face in that pic of you with your parents!! Glad your foot is feeling better, sounds like you made the right decision.

Happy Birthday to Luke and Happy Mother's Day to you!

Erika said...

Your little man is so handsome!!! Happy birthday!

Amy said...

Every picture in this post is awesome! Happy Birthday to Luke!

Katie H said...

Aw, I love the pics! I hope you have a great mother's day and happy birthday to your little (big) guy!

Teamarcia said...

Happy birthday Luke!
I adore that pic of you and your parents!
Have a great weekend!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I love the picture of you and Frank playing Tog-o-war!!

Happy early b'day Luke and happy early Mom's day to you!!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Way to take it easy on your hurt foot. Never fun to skip runs, but so important when needed!!

runningtobeskinny.com

Black Knight said...

Happy birthday Luke!!!
Frank is too funny!
You made the right thing taking 7 days off, that is always a difficult decision for a runner.

Anonymous said...

My daughter's birthday is Saturday(today) too! The big 13. Happy birthday Luke!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He is such a handsome kid Molly.

You were smart to skip the race. Don't ever be stupid like me and run when you are hurting. My dumb butt should be an example to all!

Congrats on that Goat race, you put the smack down with that 8 minute PR!

Liz Mays said...

Yes, your mom is such a pretty thing! My first came home at the same time yours did. :)

When did Luke burst into the sky like that? Goodness!

I know what you mean about the water weight. It's incredibly frustrating!

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day and Luke had a great birthday!

You made the right move taking some time off with the injury!

And don't get discouraged with the weight...