Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday, One Week Until Final Weigh In

I just realized I've been walking around the past few hours with a price tag stuck in my hair.  Sounds about right.

I haven't been able to post comments on a few blogs, but I've been reading!

I'm not going to bore you with the details, but I've had some things taking up space in my mind that haven't gone away.  One issue has been resolved after waiting for about three weeks, and on the plus side I know the numbers on the scale will definitely go down when I weigh in next week.  This week however, I've stayed the same, no gain, no loss.

I've also been thinking about my foot.  It's still feeling weird, but oddly enough, not when I'm running. I've been able to ride my bike and run, in fact I went back to the Nature Center on Monday, as well as  today, and was able to do 4 mile trail runs.  Since I'm facing a summer of races and a fall marathon, I sucked it up and made an appointment with the foot doctor, I'll see him tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get some answers.  

Thanks for the feedback on which bike I should use for my training and race, I think I'm going to stick with my mountain bike, and get a tune up and some road tires for it. 

I can't seem to get enough salsa, it might be time for an intervention.  I've always loved it, I gave up for Lent one year which was a big mistake.  This is my new favorite way to eat it, this was yesterday's lunch:





It's a whole wheat wrap topped with steamed broccoli, spinach, black japonica rice, black beans, salsa, and a bit of provolone.  I added more salsa on the side.  I just can't get enough.



Thanks for voting for me at Circle of Moms!  Please help me stay in the Top 25, you can click HERE to vote daily....




And have you checked out my Fundraising Giveaway to benefit The Children's Tumor Foundation? 
You can find that HERE


This week's weight loss factoid is courtesy of the May issue of InStyle magazine:  "To curb your appetite, inhale deeply before each bite.....when you smell food, your brain interprets it as if you've eaten already, so you feel fuller faster." 


One week to make goal weight, I have a feeling I'm going to be buying Heather that gift card to Fleet Feet, but I'm not giving up!!!



17 comments:

MCM Mama said...

That looks yummy! At least salsa is good for you!

Raquelita said...

There's nothing wrong with a salsa addiction! I hope the apt goes well!

BDD said...

I love salsa

I am down 1.2

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Great lunch choice!! And only YOU, Molly could rock a price tag in your hair and look good doing it!!

VOOOOOTINNNNNG!

RunToTheFinish said...

i have been eating lots of homemade mexican lately too because it's my easy way to get in beans, which is a new goal for me!

Michelle said...

Salsa doesn't sound like such a bad thing to be addicted to...could be a lot worse :)

Emz said...

"To curb your appetite, inhale deeply before each bite.....when you smell food, your brain interprets it as if you've eaten already, so you feel fuller faster."
I think I'd just inhale bits of food.
I'm. just. super. talented. like. that. ;)

Lisa said...

Sorry the scale isn't working in your favor this week - mine has definitely voted me off the island and has asked that I stop stepping on it - ha!
Salsa is an awesomely healthy thing - I say, eat away . . . and enjoy.

Susan Fobes said...

Everyone I know is looking at scale numbers now. My numbers are okay, but there is more of me in places I don't care to have more of me in-let's just say that I can pinch way more than an inch so a plan has been formed... I say don't worry so much about the numbers because you will know when you look good :)

BTW, your salad looks fantastic! With the warmer weather coming on I actually crave more salads so that's a good thing (the ice cream afterward well...LOL!)

Mike of FailureToDetectSarcasm.com said...

That salsa looks great.
Ya know if you're still on the fence about the bikes: Road bike.
You're lucky to have the option even if it does need polished. Your legs and cheering section will thank you!

The Green Girl said...

I hope your foot heals up soon and doesn't bother you at all.

Carly said...

Well, staying the same is way better than gaining. I lost last week, but I think I'm going to be up this week. Ugh. I need to find my mojo!

Mrs. M said...

I'll have to try that breathing technique. I've been eating a wee bit too much lately.

The wrap looks delicioso!!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Good luck this last week!

J said...

Oh yum that lunch looks good! I used to make rice and black beans with salsa and sour cream with my roommates in college- cheap and easy and delicious!

Black Knight said...

I would like to taste that dish, it looks delicious.
I hope that your feet gets well soon.
Have a good week end.

Annie said...

I'm gonna need your address.........