1. You know what's gross? When you take the dog for a walk, he does his business, you pick it up with a plastic bag, and as you tie it closed, the bag breaks, and as the contents fall out, you jump back in surprise, and your foot lands on one of the three piles. And you're wearing birkenstocks. Without socks.
2. There's something to this "getting used to the orthotics before you run" thing. It is day three, and today I can wear them for three hours. My arches are a bit sore, and surprisingly, so are my hamstrings, which is where I have issues. So my optimism level is higher now than it was earlier in the week!
3. It's a good thing I looked at the calendar last night. I have to start Marathon training in two weeks! I'm going to follow the same 18 week plan that I used for my first marathon, it's the Boston training plan that my friend C followed when she ran Boston. I start right after Fourth of July Weekend. Yikes!!
4. The first thing I did this morning was put on my bathing suit. School ended Wednesday, and we are finally in full on summer mode. Yesterday we kicked it off with a visit to the doctor for yearly physicals (I like to get it out of the way), followed by a trip to the library, where we cleaned them out of about 100 books. I love it when you walk into the library, and the first thing you see is a new release sitting on the shelf by one of your favorite authors. I snagged a copy of Silver Girl, by Elin Hilderbrand. Her book titles are really sappy, but they're page turners. We ended the day at the pool, where I actually got a chance to swim a decent amount of laps. Dinner was outside on the newly bee-free deck, and all was well.
5. Speaking of pools, what do you swimmers use to get the chlorine out of your hair? I color my hair, so I'm afraid to use a clarifying shampoo, I need to keep the color on my greys : )