Monday, August 1, 2011

Q & A whaddaya say

I'm feeling a bit punchy this morning.  So bear with me while I answer the rest of my Q and A.....

Julie asked:

What is your favorite thing to cook?  I really love to cook in the fall and winter, pots of soup, comfort foods, anything that you can put in a casserole that makes lots of leftovers.


If you could travel anywhere that you have not been where would it be?  Japan.

Miss Zippy also asked about my dream vacation, as well as what's your favorite book?   I have so many it's hard to choose, but Catcher in the Rye and Bridget Jones' Diary are my faves.


EMZ asked:

Your favorite recipe?  This Mediterranean pasta with chicken is reeeeallly good, you can find it here.


Your favorite item of running wear / clothing:  I love my purple camo running skirt and knock around cotton skirt from Old Navy.

What one thing can you never forget to bring on vacation?   Something to read, lots of magazines and book I can get lost in.

BDD asked:

I know your training for your first tri, but I guarantee you been to a bike shop and have seen a bike that your absolutely in love with, what is that bike you highly desire.   I would be happy with anything that has a frame that is lighter than my mountain bike, and the Cervelo bikes look pretty sweet. And light.


Johann asked:

Is running still your favorite sport?  It is, because you can do it anywhere, anytime, and I always feel better after a run. 


What is your greatest long term running/sporting goal?  The NYC Marathon has been a goal of mine for pretty much my whole life.  After I conquer that, I'd like to take on a trail race, or a relay of some sort.

Do you see yourself continue blogging as the years go on?   I do, I've connected with so many great people through blogging, it's such a supportive community that I love being a part of.

Jen asked:

who is your hero, role model or inspiration....we all call those people by different names...but who makes you want to be a better person?


I would have to say my children are my inspiration.  I want them to grow up to be well rounded, happy healthy, people, and I need to strive to be the best version of myself, and hopefully they will learn by my example. 

Colleen asked:

If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, and have lunch with them, who would it be?  Hmmmmm. Eddie Vedder.  I love Pearl Jam, plus, he's hot.

 
Harmony asked:

Ok here is my question? If you could meet up with 5 bloggers to run a race. Who would it be? Where? and Why?


I can't narrow it down to just 5 bloggers, there are five just in New York!  I would love to meet up with everyone in a city where we could have a huge carb filled dinner, then burn it all off the next day with a long run along the ocean where the temperature was a balmy 65 degrees with zero humidity.  Then we would end the day with a round of beers.

19 comments:

Teamarcia said...

As long as you say zero humidity I guess I can handle 65. Sign me up for that relay!

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

Wow! That will be quite a difference going from a marathon with 600 to the NYC marathon!!! Good luck with your training...excited to follow along!

misszippy said...

I LOVE Catcher in the Rye! I can't wait until my son is old enough to read it. And I'm with you on fall cooking--love making soups and love root vegetables.

fancy nancy said...

I love learning new things!!! I agree with you....I'm much more of a Fall/Winter cooker with soups and stews. Weird though that I love eating in the Summer best!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Cervelos do look sweet

Unknown said...

Eddie Vedder huh? :) I like that!

Amy said...

I am PLODDING through Catcher in the Rye right now. Just can't get into it. Maybe it's because I work with youth??? I need to move on before I go on vacation this month, because I agree - you need a book you can get lost in while travelling.

Michelle said...

I've been enjoying these Q&A's -- I'm so with you on fall/winter cooking!

Unknown said...

We're thinking along the same lines: tri's (again), trails and relays are calling me.
Great answers.

Lisa said...

I love trail running - I highly suggest moving it up on your list to before the NYC marathon . . . jus' suggestin'!

Great post - love your answers! Thanks for sharing!

p.s. SO glad to hear your foot is feeling better.

Evolving Through Running said...

You put that blogger get-together in place and I'm in. That sounds fantastic. Back to 99 degrees and 458% humidity by Wednesday. Brutal Summer so far.

Interesting pairing of favorite books. I've read them both and enjoyed them both. That's the beauty of books - it it's good it's just good, regardless of genre.

You had me at soup. Loves me some soup. Even when it's 99 out.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Yeah! I like your running reasoning! Where should the next real Housewives city be??!

H Love said...

LOVED Eddie Vedder! I was a huge Pearl Jam fan back in the day!

Jill said...

I'm sure I'm top of your list of those to run with! ;)

Black Knight said...

For sure I am not top of your list of those to run with (I see that Jill is on the top) but Rome could be the right city for another marathon(the route is inside the most beautiful parts of the capital).

Laura said...

I'll join you for the lunch date with Eddie.. yum.

Johann said...

Nice Molly! I dream of a huge blogger meetup one day when I come visit that side. I can just imagine the carb filled dinner...

Katie @ Legally Fit said...

Fun post! I love Eddie Vedder too- I saw him in concert two years ago and he's still got it!

The Green Girl said...

I'm also in for the zero humidity race!