1. PT went well today. Michelle said that my leg is much looser than it was last Friday, which is great news. I've been vigilant about using my heating pad, rolling, and stretching, especially my IT bands, which are a big part of the problem. This is my new favorite stretch for that area, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.
this isn't me, it's a photo I found while searching online.
My other issue is my pelvis, it's tilted a bit. Michelle held my bent, bad leg to the table, then had me push down on my other leg. The bad leg immediately felt better, pushing on the opposite leg helps to straighten out my pelvis. Who knew such a small move would give big results.
I didn't do my 17 miles yesterday, but we're staying in town this weekend, so I get to run tomorrow. YIPEE!!!!!
2. I wiped out twice this week. The first time was when the kids and I took Frank for a walk. We went through a woodsy area, Frank darted after a squirrel, and yanked me down. The second time was when Mike and I were goofing around and dancing a bit, and I fell backwards, onto my lower back and elbow. Ouch. I think I need to be put into a box until race day.
3. Every day is a different day, I'm wearing a bunch of different hats, sometimes all at once. I'm more involved with the PTA this year, and so far, my part-time job is going well. I went into the office the other day, and had to go over some things with Mike. He was explaining something to me, and I just started laughing. It's so funny that he's my boss, but also my husband. I finally got a chance to catch up on blogs, and pay some more attention to my own. I have something fun coming up next week, so stay tuned!
4. How happy am I that fall television has started? Between Parenthood, The Office, Two and a Half Men (which I thought was pretty funny, but Mike thinks I just liked looked at a semi-naked Ashton Kutcher), and Survivor, my DVR is full. And I'm surprised that I'm team Coach this season, over Ozzie. I don't know, he grew on me.
5. These things are like crack. Stay away.
Happy Training, and Happy Weekend!