Sunday, October 2, 2011

That run should have put me to sleep

I feel an onset of my good friend Insomnia coming on.  It usually happens without warning, but I had a restless night of sleep last night, and then I was up at six in the morning, and couldn't fall back to sleep.

Which is especially annoying, because I expected to sleep soundly, after a long treadmill run.







I did it, no bathroom breaks, no stopping, with inclines and hills mixed in.  I started to watch Mildred Pierce, but I turned it off after I realized I taped it after it had started.  I can't watch a movie after missing the beginning.  Luckily I caught When Harry Met Sally right at the start, (I would have made an exception in this case if I tuned in at the middle) then I filled the last miles with MTV and VH1.  

My knee (aka, Pez) felt great the entire time. I wore compression socks, along with compression shorts, and although my feet hurt the last couple of miles, Pez hung in.  By mile 17 my stomach was bugging me a bit, I think it was from the GU, nuun, and water.  I need to play around with my fuel a bit, I might throw some goldfish crackers into the mix, to settle all that, well, goo in my stomach.  

When I finally got out of bed this morning, Pez was stiff and sore, but I get to see Michelle (aka my favorite physical therapist in the world) tomorrow, so I hope she won't be too pissed about what I might have done to my healing. 

Five weeks until race day.........

22 comments:

ajh said...

Amazing run on the treadmill. Hope all healing is still going forward! Good luck with the PT.

Suz and Allan said...

That's a great run especially on a treadmill! Great job!

Lisa said...

Wow girl, I'm not sure what to be impressed with the most - 18 miles! on a treadmill! without too much pain! with no potty breaks! It all just screams YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

My friend eats pretzels to soak up the "stomach goo" - goldfish crackers sound much more delicious!

Heather said...

I don't think I could treadmill anything that long. Impressive!

How would you carry the goldfish? I like that idea. I take fruit snacks with me and they can just be squished into my belt. Gotta think about that.

Online Blackjack said...

This should have run me put to sleep. I feel the beginning of my good friend, insomnia, go. It usually happens without warning.

J said...

Great run on the treadmill! Glad you got it done and the knee felt good!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow, your one of the crazy ones that run long on the dreadmill!! I do that on the bike, havent done it on the dreadmill yet

Laura said...

Holy crud...I would be insane if I did that. CONGRATS!!

Unknown said...

WOW! I did that training for my first marathon. Looking back I don't know how I did 20 Miles on the dreadmill!! Congrats! Keep resting that knee!! :)

Christi said...

Congratulations on a great run! That is awesome that you can run on a treadmill that long. I, too, hate watching movies from the middle. The exception of course is if I have seen the movie before.

I hope Pez continues to hold up well!

misszippy said...

Serious mental toughness there! I seriously doubt I could do that on a treadmill.

Looking like you're gonna make it to the start line! Keep Pez in line!

Runners Fuel said...

Congrats on the mid-night long run!

Mrs. M said...

Wow - good job!!

Suzy said...

Ooh, that is a long on on the TM. I hope your knee is feeling good.

Teamarcia said...

Fabulous millwork Molly!
Wow 5 weeks? Flying.
You'll be ready, pez and all!

Mike of FailureToDetectSarcasm.com said...

Treadmill + No Bathroom Breaks? Nice job!

Anonymous said...

wow! 18 miles on a suckmill is impressive. Way harder than 18 miles on road IMO.

I sleep crappy too. Even on days that I assume I'll sleep well because I've given a hard running effort. I hope you've been able to catch up on some sleep a little by now.

I'm doing my virtual 5k saturday!

RunToTheFinish said...

way to rock it out!! i miss having a treadmill where i can watch my crappy tv shows and not feel so bad about ti :)

Liz Mays said...

I don't know how you could do that on a treadmill. Even 1 mile is beyond boring to me. I'm so impressed!

Michelle said...

Molly that's an awesome 'mill run! Holy smokes I don't know how you lasted on the 'mill that long! Hope the Pez continues to behave!

Sarah Grecco said...

You are not missing anything by turning off Mildred Pierce. I stopped watching 1/2 way through the series. It was well done just ver slooooooww! BUT when Harry Met Sally is AWESOME. Just saw it for the first time last year!!

Nice run! Sorry about your visit from your friend "insomnia" that is no fun....

xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go

Unknown said...

Good God, 18 miles??? On a treaddy? Jesus mother. You are amazing. You are my Larabar winner!!! Email me at fitinheels2@gmail.com with your addy :)