Thursday, December 8, 2011

Friday Five

1. Is it just me, or is December flying by?  Actually, this whole year has flown by, but I'm starting to feel the crunch.  For those of you who have asked, my father in law is now out of the ICU, he was transferred this week to a rehab facility.  He has a long road ahead of him, and we're still taking things day by day, but we're hopeful for his recovery.

2.That said, we got some good news this week, our trip to Disney is back on!




I'm so excited to take the kids to Disney, we're not going to tell about the trip until we're in the car going to the airport. Eliza is going to lose her mind, I want to take her to one of those "Breakfast with the Princess" type things.

3.  I have so much shopping to do.  I know what I need to get, it's just that the list is loooong, and I have to get a few more things for the kids.  Luke could use a new bedspread, his bed is like a nest, he sleeps with about four extra blankets because he gets cold easily. I was looking at childrens duvet covers, Santa might have to bring him a nice new one.

4. There is a new race on the Syracuse calendar for 2012, the Lake Effect Half Marathon, on February 25th, it's put on by the club I used to run with.  I'm considering it, but February in Syracuse means snow and cold, I'm okay with running four miles in weather like that, not sure about 13 miles though.

5.  Thanks to everyone who entered the Collagen Sport Giveaway, I used random.org to choose the winner, and it is Penny, the Pink Hat Runner.....congrats!

Happy Weekend!

15 comments:

Christi said...

I am glad to hear your father-in-law is out of ICU. I will continue to send my prayers.

Disney will be a great time. I hope you have a blast!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I will continue to send my prayers for your FIL

Have fun in Disney

I guess I should be paying attention to races in your area, still dont know anything yet

misszippy said...

I am so glad your FIL is improving. That's great news.

I love that the Disney trip will be a surprise for the kids. How great!

Syracuse in Feb. for a 1/2 marathon? Wow--i don't know about that! Hats off to you for even considering it!

Lisa said...

WOOO what good news about your FIL!!!! I hadn't heard a peep since before Thanksgiving, but have been praying daily!

WOOO you're going to Disney (need someone to carry your luggage? I'm available! hee hee).

I love my grown up duvet so I can only guess your son would absolutely LOVE one too :)

giraffy said...

So great to hear about your FIL!! I hope his recovery continues smoothly.

WOOHOOOOOO Disney!!! I'm kind of a Disney professional... if you need any tips, let me know ;). For a Princess Breakfast, I'd really recommend Akerhaus in EPCOT. We love it, and we plan on going with our Make a Wish trip. HAVE FUN!

Bedspreads... we all have comforters from Ikea. We love them, but I have no idea how they'd hold up in the for real cold.

Scott & Phoebe said...

RE: Disney... you probably know this already but you'll want to be sure to make a reservation for your breakfast as far in advance as possible. My in laws are "experts" at the Disney thing and they always do all the meal reservations far, far, FAAARRRR in advance so they (we) don't end up eating hot dogs and fries for the whole trip. Good luck!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Yay for Disney twinsie! I agree-DEC has flown by. I have been so focused on LV, that I havent gotten into the holiday spirit yet! Thanks for the reminders!

Laura said...

So glad to hear your FIL is on the mending road.
...I cannot wait to hear about the kids reaction!

Caratunk Girl said...

SO happy to hear your FIL is doing better.

Dec is going by too freaking fast!!!

Black Knight said...

Glad to hear about your FIL, I hope he gets well soon.
Yes december is always the fastest month and always full of good memories.
Have fun in Disneyland.

Lisa said...

New follower here....sounds like all good things going in for you :) Great way to close out the year!

ajh said...

I just saw that race on Darlene's blog. Go for it! I love the half that I do in the winter.

The Unexpected Runner said...

Hmmmm.....a new half in Feb in Syracuse?????? That's less than a 2 hour drive for me. Gonna have to look it up. Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that your father in law is out of ICU and doing a little better. It will be a long road, but he's making good progress. Will continue to keep him, and your whole family, in my thoughts!!!

Yes, December is FLYING! Ugh...

Heather said...

Run the video camera when you tell them! You guys are going to have a blast! I cry whenever I see those commercials.

I am going to have to send you a whole e-mail of Disney suggestions!