Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tag Time

I haven't done a random fact post in a while, and I was tagged by these two lovelies, Kristen from Run for Wine, and Jen from Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood.

And there are rules......

1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

And I must share 11 random items about me:

1. My left foot is a size 11. My right foot is an 11.5.
2. My first car was a 1978 orange Chevy Malibu, the speedometer was broken the whole time I owned it. It finally died while my sister M was driving it, the floor under the pedals had rusted away, and the rug caught on fire from the heat of the engine.  No accidents or injury, she just pulled over and someone called the cops.
3.I have a dent in my forehead, which I got while I was a kid. I walked into an open dryer door at the laundromat.
4.When I go to bed, I must have a glass of water (which I usually drink at four a.m.), lip balm (which I put on after drinking), and tissues (because my nose is always running) on my nightstand.
5. No matter what I do, I always burn grilled cheese.
6. I have a scar on my inside arm, that perfectly matches my sister M's fingernail.
7. I've had a subscription to Glamour magazine for 19 years.
8. I was a Cheerleader Captain in High School.  I'll do a cheer for you, all you have to do is ask.
9. I'm appalled that my youngest sister A (by 12 years) hasn't seen movies like Better Off Dead.
10. I'm afraid of bridges.
11. I think that life is what you make of it.

And I must answer these 11 questions, from Kristen:

1. What is your biggest pet peeve? When people say AND when saying the date. As in two thousand AND one. AND means period, just say two thousand one.
2. If stranded on a desert island what 3 personal items (not including survival tools) would you want? lip balm, dental floss, and a book.
3. What’s the one food you could never give up? pizza. I can't even fathom the thought of giving it up.
4. What’s your best quality? I can liven things up if it needs to be done.
5. What was the last thing you really laughed over? When the dog brought a frozen piece of poop into the family room, and started playing with it.
6. What is your go-to book recommendation? Anything by Marian Keyes.
7. What’s your ideal time of day to workout? In the morning, get it done, then you have the whole rest of the day to do whatever.
8. What’s the last food you ate? a piece of banana bread.
9. Who is your favorite athlete (dead or alive)? Derek Jeter, or anyone from the 1986 NY Mets.
10. What’s the last movie you watched and would you recommend it? Bridesmaids, oh yes, I would recommend it.
11. Toilet paper over or under? Over. I really don't care, but my husband is particularly OCD about the toilet paper, so that's how I do it.

And now, the questions from Jen:

You are stranded on a deserted island.  Tell me

1. What are the 5 foods you would pick to have with you? bread, peanut butter, cheese, apples, and chocolate chip cookies. 
2. What 2 things would you pick to drink? water and coffee. Although I would miss my vino.
3. What book would you want to have? The Bible. I've never read the whole thing, but I would have plenty of time to read it on the island.
4. You are visited by ONE person for 24 hours only, who is it? My husband.  My kids have the rest of their life to travel to deserted islands.
5. You can have ONE skill that you do not currently posses? What is it? To hold my breath for a really long time so I could dive deep and search for the big fish.

You just won 5 million dollars! Tell me

1. What is the first thing you do? pay off my debt, and the debt of my family. 
2. What is the first thing you buy? plane tickets to Japan.
3. Who is the first person you share your winnings with? my hubs. He's let me stay home for several years, so I should share with him.
4. Would you relocate? Where? I'd keep our house in Syracuse, but I'd buy an apartment in our old neighborhood in Astoria so we could go back and forth.
5. Would you donate to charity? Yes, to the National Stroke Association, American Cancer Society, and the ASPCA.
6. You must buy me a gift, what do you get me?? running shoes! duh!!!

And now, these are the 11 questions I came up with:

1. what is the one song you never tire of?
2. what scares you?
3. what's on your bucket list?
4. salty or sweet?
5. what would you do with an unexpected day off?
6. boxers or briefs?
7. what would you have for your last meal?
8. what is your favorite body part?
9. what do you like best about your job?
10. Giants or Patriots?
11. what is your goal for 2012?

And this is who I tagged:

1. TriMOEngr at Climbing those hills
2. Wells L at My Story Chapter 2
3. Johann at Run Tall, Walk Tall
4. Stefano at Run With The Black Knight
5. Christi at Pedestrian Runner
6. BDD at Big Daddy Diesel
7. Miss Zippy
8. Marcia at The Studly Runner
9. Jill from Run With Jill
10. Michelle from Running With Attitude
11. Heather at 365 Days of Awesome

Have Fun!



14 comments:

fancy nancy said...

$2 I want my $2!!! Love these!!

Tara said...

My first car was orange too! A bright orange bug that had a stick shift that was harder then hell to drive.

What is it with dog's and frozen poop? Mine likes to eat hers, but ONLY when it is frozen.

Christi said...

I loved the Bridesmaids movie. It was such fun!

NY Wolve said...

That is funny, I had same reaction as fancy nancy -- I want my two dollars. I can say that to my wife and she will laugh and my older daughter has no idea. I tried to get her to match Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and I don't think she cracked a smile. She did think Dumb and Dumber was pretty hilarious though.

Michelle said...

These are great lists. I couldn't imagine giving up pizza either!

Thanks for the tag...just posted mine :)

Jill said...

These have been a blast to read. Um...do I really have to do it? Hahah...ok.

I don't think I could live without pizza either....in my trying to go Gluten-free, I've even perfected a pizza crust, just so I can have the stuff - yummy :).

Thanks for your VERY sweet words on my blog today. Really, it meant a lot to me. That race was literally my "new me" race and I think some people got that, like you. Thank you!!
xo

Unknown said...

fun fun!! love the stuff you shared.

giraffy said...

Pizza is 100% my favorite food ever.

Size 11, holy moly lady!

Unknown said...

so fun! and I am with you on the lip balm and water :)

thanks for the running shoes, I really really need a pair!!
xo

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

And doesn't ALWAYS mean period. Unless I just had a peanut butter.banana sandwich. lol You know what people do with the dates that drives ME bonkers? "oh-twelve" hahaha WHAT?! You know, like, "I was born in eighty, graduated high school in ninety-eight, got married in oh-seven, and wrote this comment in oh-twelve." NO! It's just TWELVE! hahaha

Caratunk Girl said...

These are always so much fun!! Thank you for sharing!

Suz and Allan said...

Such a fun post to read! I can't get over the dog bringing frozen poop in to play with. That's hilarious!

Black Knight said...

Thank you for tagging me, I answer the questions here because I posted my 11 things yesterday.
1. More than this (Roxy Music)
2. My wife of course
3. To play again with my rugby team (old rugby)
4. Sweet
5. Relax in a spa
6. Both
7. The blood of my enemies!!!!
8. ....
9. The salary
10. Sorry I am italian...
11. Too many.

Anonymous said...

Can you believe my husband has never seen Goonies or The Breakfast Club! How?? I absolutely agree with #11.

That's a great quality! I can definitely see that about you.

But then you lost me at DJ....