Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Three: Cancer, Running, Survivor Debacle

Thanks for the comments on my post the other day, it was good to vent, and to know I'm not the only one who feels like that from time to time. : )

I'm channeling that negative energy into something positive, by joining Team Davis! You might have heard about Rev 3's Race Across America, their goal is to raise $100,000 to benefit the Ullman Cancer Fund.  Harmony's husband was diagnosed with cancer late last year, so she put together a team for this race.  From March 26 - April 16th I'll be running my usual neighborhood route, and we'll see how may miles Team Davis can cover, and how many dollars we can raise.  I have family and friends who have battled cancer, so I think this is a really great way to join the fight.  Kelly, Colleen and Jen also have links on their blogs that lead to the donation page for Ullman, so check it out if you can.

Speaking of running, I have a race this weekend, a St. Patty's Day four miler. It's one of my favorites, with a fun, festive atmosphere. The one thing I don't like, is that the last mile is ALL uphill, and how all the fast high school runners stand at the sidelines and watch the rest of us struggle to the finish line.  But I do like the post race beers.

And finally, did anyone catch Survivor last night?  Namely, Colton, and the vile things that came out of his mouth?  I couldn't believe what I was hearing, the names he called Leif, and the way he treated Bill, especially during tribal council. What do you think would have happened if Colton was called names?  Talk about double standard.  Not cool Colton, not cool.

11 comments:

misszippy said...

Yay for Team Davis! I'm on it too and am also doing a local version of it. Ulman Fund is based here in my town and it is the bomb of all organizations!

RunToTheFinish said...

i really adore the support that the blogging/running community provides one another!

Liz Mays said...

I was watching American Idol so I have still to see the Survivor episode, but now I can't wait to see what's going on. Not cool is right.

Teamarcia said...

Yay for team Davis!
All the best with your race this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I so want to watch now. My father-in-law is visiting so my dvr is full of shows to catch up on. That will be one of the first.

H Love said...

Thanks Molly! HEART you so much! Love the support and understanding!!

Christi said...

I love post race beers so much. I think I like them better than the runs themselves!

Great job on taking on a cause. My mom died of cancer and it really sucks. So thanks for making a difference!

Michelle said...

Great job joining Team Davis!

Good luck with your race this weekend - that last mile up hill sounds tough, but enjoy the post race beer :)

Suz and Allan said...

Good luck with your race this weekend and hooray for joining Team Davis!

Tara said...

Oh yes, found you, much better! I am not a techy person either, which was why I was "lost" when I couldn't find your blog.

Glad to hear about Team Davis, it sounds like an excellent cause!
Have fun at your St Patty's race, post race beers are the best thing ever. I miss my beer (and wine)!! :)

Ara said...

That run sounds fun! Good luck! If I can run 7 miles uphill, you can definitely do this race! You're definitely a stronger runner than I am! You can do it!!!