Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rainy Days and Sundays Don't Always Get Me Down

There are two things I'm going to tell you about this photo:




1. It was taken two hours after I used my brand spanking new straightening iron.  I don't know why I bothered, obviously my natural wave runs the show.

2. I colored my hair last night, going from dark, dark brown, to a lighter brown, I think I did a decent job, aside from a couple of random streaks. I like to mix it up, just six months ago it was a blondish hue.  And to top it off, I haven't had it cut since October.


It was so nice out today weather wise.  I took Frank for a five mile run, we headed out and it was a balmy 52 degrees.  It felt great, although the poor guy kept looking for water to lap up, and had to settle on biting the melting snow.

We haven't run together in a few weeks, so he's enjoying his recovery.





 Eliza is now an official Daisy, which means she is currently selling Girl Scout Cookies.

And I'm the official Cookie Mom.



Yikes.


My Mom was visiting us this past week, and we went to see Les Miserables the other day.  We saw it on Broadway together waaaaay back in 1995, so it was nice to see the movie together.  Although I almost lost my mind at one point.  I take going to the movies seriously, I don't talk during the show, I turn off my cellphone, I quietly unwrap my pieces of chocolate so as not to disturb others.  Well, there was a couple sitting directly behind us, and two different times during the movie, their cellphones rang, loudly....and they answered them! And were all set to have a conversation with whoever it was on the other line, until I turned around and whispered "seriously??????"  

They left not long after that.

Oooo, the Golden Globes are starting......I hope Hugh Jackman wins.

: )


7 comments:

ajh said...

My HUSBAND kept talking to me in the movie today (okay small discreet whispers) but I ignored him. I have told my students before I would never go to the movies with them because they have such a need to talk during movies!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

I can't wait to see that movie. I saw it on Broadway in '95, too!

Johann said...

My wife always loves your posts that include something about your hair. :) Yes, she reads blogs with me. I color her hair. We don't have the Girl Scout Cookies over here. I always wonder what they taste like.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Common sense and politness is no longer a part of society, it is sad, people are in their own little world with no regards to their surroundings.

Michelle said...

Oh the whole phone in the movie theatre thing really pushes my buttons! Can't wait to see Les Mis!

Jeane M. said...

Sweet cookie mom you are. Can't wait to see this movie on weekend and yes the golden globes. XD Got my eye on your next posts.

TriMOEngr said...

We're in the 2nd year of Brownies and my daughter is anxious to get to 125 boxes sold - kind of stuck in the 80's right now. Love the hair - LOL about the wave.